Sunday 10 July 2011

Ancient Rome and Middle Earth

Hey hey it's been a while! I'm not apologising for my laziness. I'm on uni holidays and after a hard 12 week semester, I deserved a rest. Maybe not. But I'm lazy anyway.

I spent 5 days visiting my mate Liam in Auckland. As you probably know, he's a thespian who has just been cast in the title role in the new series of Spartacus. Well done! As part of the whole deal, I got to spend a couple of days on set with him. Unfortunately cameras/recording devices were not allowed, so I don't actually have any photos. And I'm not allowed to speak of anything I saw on the set (well, anything that could be construed as a 'spoiler'). However, the producers did fail to wipe my memory, so I have drawn a pretty good picture of what it was like on set.

Speaking of Hobbits, I also visited Hobbiton (or the Peter Jackson version of it anyway). I did take photos, but can't show them publicly. Once again, I have created some images using my extensive artistic skills to recreate my experience amongst the land of the Hobbits.

Enjoy!
 The above image is me and Gandalf outside Bag End.
 This image is of Bilbo's Party Tree.
Taken directly from the set of Spartacus.

I'll be back soon for more writings. There will probably be something more creative than this. I guarantee it.

No comments:

Post a Comment